Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday Tidbits

 It has been a rather strange couple of days. We went from above freezing temperatures to below freezing with lots of fog. Supposedly later today a winter storm is to arrive with the beginnings of what could amount to a rather large deposit of the white stuff. I can see that happening as when the fog lifted the skies stayed very dark and dismal.

The other strange things that have happened are perhaps not so strange considering the world we are living in right now.

Kris sent me a text yesterday saying he had tested positive using a rapid test for Covid. Right now he says it is more like a real bad cold, but I will be phoning tonight to see how he is doing.

Kurt put on his twitter account this morning how he started feeling ill in the early evening, but by later he was phoning around to find a sub and making lesson plans. He did a rapid test and it came back negative, he plans on doing one a bit later. 

I really do think that it is only time before we all come down with this variant, I just hope it isn't all at the same time and we all have very mild cases. 

I have been keeping busy hand quilting and knitting scarves this week. I had forgotten how long it takes to do hand quilting, really this quilt will probably not be ready for the binding for a number of months. Still I will get it completed one way or another.

I broke down when shopping today as they had air fryers on sale and I used some of my envelop money to purchase one. As I said to Harvey when I got back with it "What's the use of an air fryer if I can't fry fish in it?" So our old one with the paddle will be thoroughly cleaned and donated. 

Continuing with my organization and declutter of the kitchen. I have one more set of uppers and one more set of lower cabinets and the kitchen will be done and dusted. I can then perhaps move on to the hall closets and the other small pantry. Love having a tidy and organized home.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Kris came down with the Covid. I think you're right - we're all going to get it eventually. So far so good for us. It's frustrating when you take all the precautions and still get it.

    I'd love a air fryer but I want someone to invite me over to see if it is worth my money. I know me and small appliances - I've bought them - used them for a month or two and then they sit and collect dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that we will use this a great deal. It also bakes so that is great.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear that your sons are feeling ill. I agree that we will all come down with this varient at some point now, luckily it seems milder than the original. I do hope your boys recover very soon Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Kris has the virus. Let's hope that the rest of you don't develop symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so to as I have too many appointments to go to over the next couple of months.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry that the dreaded virus has touched your family. I hope the boys have very mild cases and fully recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your sons are not well. Two of my daughters were unwell in December, Erin tested positive for Covid while my Kris tested negative. The thing is they had virtually the exact symptoms and were both quite ill .. I don't think the tests are all that conclusive. Fortunately, both girls are well now. Praying the same for your sons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our oldest son came down with the virus in the first go round and had a very mild case. He has done 2 rapid tests for sure and still they say not positive. Our youngest, well this is his first go around, and when he gets sick for some reason he gets very sick. Has done since he was a little boy.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about Kris but hopefully it will just be cold symptoms and he is soon on the better side of it.
    I hope you enjoy your air fryer. We like ours for chicken thighs, fish, chicken nuggets and shrimp. :)
    Good job on the purging and organizing. I love the feeling after I've closed a neater cupboard door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your sons are under the weather, hope it's mild and they don't feel too ill.

    Good luck with the air fryer, I am starting to get used to mine, I've watched quite a few YouTube videos to pick up hints and tips.

    ReplyDelete