Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday

 

I managed to get out for two walks so far this week, and it looks like tomorrow (barring unforeseen circumstances) will be another outside walk day. Love my thrifty exercise, and love getting some fresh air.

I darned a pair of my gloves this morning. Why does one finger always seem to develop a hole, and it isn't the finger I would even try to swipe my phone with.

I spent a bit of time online over the last week finding free patterns for knitting, cross stitch, and quilting. 

Pulled some bits and bobs of fabric to make the draft dodgers, and took apart the old, ratty ones for some of the stuffing. May as well reuse what I can. 

I have three socks that seem to no longer have a mate, and no chance of matching them to another. These will be cut and put in the bag to use for ties in the garden.

Cut up the pj bottoms of Harvey's that were beyond mending. They are now rags.


Everybody have a wonderful evening (I get to go to a meeting).

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. I've not been out walking - except in a few stores today. You're far more intrepid than I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cutting up OH's old T-shirts this week for dish rags. I've got quite a stash of them now to keep us going this year. It's prompted him to go through lots of his clothes and discard them, so I'm off to the clothing bank and charity shop today to drop them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid that by the time Hubby goes through his clothing they are only good for rags.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I love to hear all the little things you do to manage. It inspires me. I have never joined a gym, my exercise has always been chasing kids, or walking or teaching dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think I do the same thing over and over again. I need to get some more ideas and turn them into habits.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I was interested to read about your draft dodgers...I've been toying with making one for our balcony door. What do you use for stuffing in yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just use fiber fill packed very tightly. They do work very well at keeping cold air out.

      God bless.

      Delete