Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday Ramblings

 

Tonight is just going to be a series of a few pictures. I am tired as I managed to get all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen neat, tidy and probably as organized as I will ever get them. Now I look up and see all my cookbooks....I really, really need to go through them and am suffering a bit of angst. I think I might just scan them into the computer and put them on thumb drives. I just don't know, many are handed down through generations on my side of the family. I am tired just thinking about it.


So here are some pictures of projects that I completed this week (and to be honest in the case of the dish cloths part of last week).


The three scarves I wanted done this week. 

Six dish cloths done and put away until they are needed. I will probably be making more next month as I usually like having lots on hand and I want to take some to the family reunion for the silent auction.

Lastly is the sock loom. I really need to study the directions a bit more as they seem pretty complicated.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. I pared down on cookbooks when I first retired. But I will never give up on my Canadian cookbook that my parents gave me for graduation. It's battered and splattered and held together with duct tape. But I don't have any others with sentimental value.

    Take a break - it sounds like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dishcloths are so pretty. I like the color of them. I didn't even realize they had a sock loom. That is so neat. I was looking at the pot holder and hat looms last week. I may dip my tow in the water with them so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a thing for cookbooks. I did a big cookbook purge a few years ago, and need to do another one. I also have recipe clippings - I also have a computer file of internet recipes I have saved. Probably 98% I have not cooked yet, just too many to go through.

    Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookbooks are hard for me and some of mine are in tatters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarves and dishcloths are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookbooks - so difficult to cull but manage to accumulate at an alarming rate for some reason. So many only have a couple recipes that end up becoming favourites. I'm eyeing Resident Chef's collection and maybe it's time to simply copy the recipes we like and get rid of the books themselves.
    I'll be interested in your thoughts on the sock loom and whether you think it's worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete