I sent a text to Kris around noon today and he said he was leaving the city in about an hour... This means the grandcat and he will be here in about 30 more minutes. So looking forward to that even though it means a change of menu plan for tonight.
I have also spent some of the day baking. I made bread, a cake (still needs icing) and have almost finished a pie. Just chilling it until I start the final step.
Thought that I would try something different for Frugal Friday and list a few new ways I have discovered to keep the frugal lifestyle going and the big plus is that they should be easy to add to what I am already doing.
1. Turn on the light in the oven when cooking and invest in a meat thermometer. That way instead of opening the oven door to test and lose almost 25% of the heat you can see what temperature your meat is at easily.
2. Avoid buying clothing that needs to be washed separately. I already avoid buying dry clean only clothing so this should be relatively easy to add.
3. Try and make your wardrobe mix and match (pretty much have this almost set up). You can get away with fewer clothing items this way. If you also buy items that can be used in more than one way (dress to jumper type idea), you can extend your wardrobe even more.
4. Make my own stain remover. There are lots of recipes for this so I will try a few.
5. I am going to start a mail basket and process it once a week. Junk mail will be tossed into the recycle bin before it even crosses the threshold.
So there are 5 items I am adding to my lifestyle.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.