Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Rain, Rain and Yet More Rain

 After one day of lovely sunshine we have had two days of rain with yet more coming due to another Colorado low. At least it isn't snow. Mind you according to the weather pundits the rain over the next two days (until Friday night) could add up to 65ml (6.5 cm or almost 3 inches). We have already had about 50 ml in my city. The city where my son lives could get up to 85 ml though better check with him and make sure he has put out his downspouts. I think after this he may have to add an eavestrough and downspout to his deck roof as well. 

So because it has been slightly damp I have putzed around the house. Not really got anything completed, just tidied a bit here and there. Did my steps (need another 600 to make 10K but would prefer 11K) inside, and watched a documentary on the television while knitting. I did finish one side of the first small poncho though so that is a plus. 

In other words a boring day, but one that I have managed to gain a bit of my energy back. Perhaps rainy days are not so bad after all.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Jackie ... I am just playing catch up on all your posts. Gosh you have achieved lots in your last post - lots of lovely finishes! How wonderful.
    Sorry to read you are having so much rain but please do send some my way as we have just had the driest April on record & things are in desperate need of some rainfall. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week we had cold rain all week but now each day this week is hot and dry with temperatures in the 90sF. We often jump from winter to summer like that. Rainy days can be good for accomplishing jobs and it sounds like you got a lot done. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain can refresh the soul, I think (as well as the garden). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so love a boring day, send me one please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're saying rain rain go away and we haven't had any for a while. Sounds like the weekend will take care of that, of course, when Bill wants to cut grass. LOL We can't win nor be happy, it seems! I can't believe you make 10K steps inside the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if my other comment went through but it just disappeared. Anyway, I didn't mean I don't believe you do 10K steps in the house, just that it is pretty awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boring days are sometimes just want we need. Not too many but one boring day dispersed through out a month. A day here and there.

    ReplyDelete