Saturday, May 28, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 

It has been a relatively quiet, but busy week. Or perhaps I should say the last three days were pretty busy.

I managed to get all the planting done, and once things start to fill out a bit I will post some photos. 

No batch cooking this week, instead I have been busy using things up. I still have the rhubarb out to make into a slice. Decided against the pie as we had pie last weekend. No cake either as we just finished the chocolate cake I made yesterday. Slice sounds about perfect right now. 

I think I will pull out some zucchini tomorrow and find something other than cake, or loaf to make. Actually some muffins sound pretty good and they can be used for breakfasts.

I helped at the hospital Mass on Wednesday. It only took a bit over the hour as I walked some of the residents back to the long term care area of the hospital. I did tell them I wouldn't be able to do every week, but would come whenever I could.

I sporadically worked on my monthly projects, but am not really getting as much done as I had hoped. There will be a few carry overs to next month.

Continued to walk every day this past week. Actually this time due to me extending the distance somewhat I have lost a few pounds. Now that makes me smile.

My regular 2 week shopping day is on Thursday of the upcoming week, but I think I will go on Wednesday as the store is having a great sale and the sale ends on that day. Probably head there right after helping with Mass. Really great meat sale so I just could be spending a bit more than usual this time around. 

Off to get our supper warmed up (stew and buns). 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



4 comments:

  1. That's real nice of you to help out with the mass at the hospital.

    I have some big grocery shopping to do next week too. Not looking forward to the prices. I've been shopping sales and am buying store brands.

    It's always such a drag when we get our income once a month and then a day or so later, you start paying the bills and groceries and see it all dwindle away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've had such a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for losing a few pounds. Always a bonus. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a busy enough week in my mind. I got back from my daughter's this morning, and I ran to the garden centers (it took three in total to find what I wanted). But I have my plants and hopefully will be planting today. I been re-using my potting soil, I just add fertilizer and some compost, and top it off with new potting soil. So far, it doesn't seem to be causing any issues.
    I did notice the cost of the plants have gone up too. Good luck with the grocery bill!

    ReplyDelete