I was asked if I cook my rice first for the lazy cabbage rolls. Well I did this last time, but usually I don't. You just have to use more tomato juice (tomato soup/water mixture if you choose) if you are using raw rice.
So what thrifty things have I been up to this week.
1. Cut down on the amount of potting soil I needed. I am not filling as many baskets or containers this year...well at least I hope not. I have gone from 8 of the largest bags you can buy to 5 bags. And I actually think that next year could be slightly lower.
2. I did not spend as much on flowers and greenery this year. Over the years I quite often would spend well over $600.00 on plants to beautify my yard... This year I am down to about $300.00. I know this sounds really high, but I do love to be surrounded by colour after 6 months at least of blah. I am hoping to overwinter a couple of plants along with the lemon trees.
3. Using up all leftovers. Even Harvey has gotten behind this as he has seen how prices are rising.
4. Made my own spray to get rid of maple/box elder bugs.
5. Entertainment has been watching Netflix, Disney+ (youngest shares this with us) and Prime.
Those are just a few of the thrifty habits I used this week.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.