Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday

 

Three lovely days in a row, drapes open to let in the sun, screens removed, washed and replaced. Now I can have my windows open to catch any cool breezes. We still have not uncovered the air conditioner, and considering there is talk of snow this weekend it will be awhile yet. 

Thrifty so far over the past week, has consisted of me getting my walks in every day, using leftovers (for some reason Harvey isn't eating leftovers right now) for my lunches. There are enough to last me until Saturday. 

I used muslin and removed all the lumps after stirring some paint and used that paint to do the park bench and the other outdoor wooden furniture (one project down). 

I am using up orphan skeins (in some cases two skeins) to do some knitting for our family reunion. Leftovers are saved and hopefully will be made into a knitted blanket of many colours.

I am working out a pattern for a cover for my egg swing chair and a pattern for a full cushion (seat and back) for my wicker rocker. I think the first cover will be made using some old sheets that I will treat with a water repellant. We bought one a few years ago and it didn't even make the year....darn thing was pretty costly as well.

Saved some more twist ties.

Put $120.00 in my savings envelope. I also added $13.40 in change collected in my sewing room to the jars. I still need to see what I can collect from Harvey's corner of the dresser. Hope it is at least $5.00.

Hung what I could on the lines downstairs.

I always hang my clothes up after the first days wear and if I haven't gotten them dirty or sweaty I wear the top and pants for another day. Sometimes I can get three days wear out of a pair of pants.

Also making sure that lights are off in rooms that are not in use. Soon the dark gloomy days will be over (well I hope) and lights will not be on until the evening or early morning.

I think that is pretty much all for this week. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    ...I love reading about frugal ideas...I'm using some stash yarn for a little baby doll blanket for my niece...and I love to hang clothes on the line...the Man and I are trying harder to use up all our leftovers...I love leftovers but the Man not so much so it's more of a challenge for him...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you have some warm, sunny weather! You have certainly accomplished a lot. Washing the screens and painting the outdoor furniture are big jobs but they do help to welcome summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds great.
    I love a leftovers meal - something for nothing, that's how it feels, even if it isn't really.
    Have a great day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just like me. I always unless dirty or sweaty wear my things for two days and pants at least three. Making a big pot of bean soup with actually all free ingredients. Free ham at Christmas, free celery, free carrots, free onions, free beans. I bought the chicken broth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take advantage of those warm sunny days. I can't believe it would snow for you within the next few days. But then again, you are way north of me and in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wear pants and tops for another day if I haven't gotten them dirty as such. I also scavenge change around the house and save for Tony's coffee treat when the guys get together. It's embedded in me to turn off lights having grown up with a father who taught us all. I just love reading all your frugal ways and realize I'm the same! Weird weather here in Ontario too!

    ReplyDelete