Monday, October 16, 2023

Menu Monday

 


Today is Kris's birthday, so I gave him a call to wish him a very happy day, and then handed the phone to his Dad to do the same. Seems he is working late trying to get some system up and running. 

Maebeme, I asked him about the boiler/water heater combo and he says while the shower comes in hot right away, it seems to take a bit of time before his bathroom sink and kitchen sink have hot water. Nothing that can't be handled though. 

On to my weekly menu... Now that things are pretty much back to normal, my menus are pretty much back to normal, no quicky meals unless they are leftovers.


Monday

Leftover small pork sausage casserole. We like this with bread and butter.


Tuesday

Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini. Pretty much a one dish meal, though I may use up the last of the lettuce and make a tossed salad.


Wednesday

Pork chops, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots. I believe I might make gravy to go on the potatoes.


Thursday

Spaghetti and meatballs I think, though this could change to meatballs in a brown sauce over rice (mainly because I have some leftover rice to use up). Peas and carrots as the side.


Friday

Soup and sandwiches. I will probably use one of my frozen condensed homemade bases and make tuna melts to go with.


Saturday

Leftover meatballs, probably on noodles with peas and carrots on the side.


Sunday

Pork roast, roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots. 

Lunches will be whatever is leftover and sandwiches. I am the only one that eats anything for breakfast and usually alternate yogurt, toast, muffins and cereal. 

I think I will do some baking next week to add to the muffins and something to keep our sweet tooth under control.

Next week there will be a bit of a clean out of the fridge freezer. In fact I hope to get quite a bit out of there and ready for some batch cooking containers starting in November. Dental appointments and what could be a very sore mouth means I need to have lots just ready to go.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kris! Yummy on all the food. I like that you're eating up all the leftovers. I love my carrots & peas. I always cook some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am putting off trying to pack by reading blogs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Kris!
    Thanks for checking with him on the water heater. It does sound like an on-demand and it's interesting that it works better with some fixtures than others. They are supposed to be less expensive to operate than the old style water heaters.

    ReplyDelete