Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


It looks as if we may have gotten all the snow that we are going to get at this point in time. That means if the sun comes out for any length of time over the next few days, what we have could melt away. 

So what thrifty things have I been up to this week. 

I made all our desserts this week and the items should last for awhile. This is something that as winter draws in I will certainly be doing more of.

Made up my menu for next month ensuring at least 2 meals a week are not containing any beef, pork or chicken. Hopefully this works well. Stretching our meat is one way of being thrifty. Also have a few menu plans that use very little meat.

Got the Christmas ornaments made that I hope to gift to the boys. Now I am thinking what to do next....

Decluttered the clothing in my closet and drawers. I have a few things to recycle into usable fabric for quilts and some jumpers that I will be able to cut down and refashion into pull on skirts. Why is it when I put on weight it seems to land on my chest? 

Hubby is going to take the rollers off the old computer chair and use them in a project he wants to get done next spring.

Finally found the white yarn and so do not have to buy any and I am using up some more of my stash. 

Fixed the hem on one of Harvey's robe sleeves. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie - a very thrifty Thursday indeed!! Well done! I have just made a christmas swap gift using all items from my stash so I am pleased also. Enjoy your day Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try each week to eat fish twice, vegetarian twice, and meat 3 times, it has helped with savings, and also with environment as meat takes so much more out of our planet to produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the snow has ended. The streets here are clearing up as the pavement still holds some warmth.
    Other than grilled cheese sandwiches, I can't convince my son to go meatless. However we don't eat a huge amount of meat in a meal. Example, 2 small porkchops or one chicken breast is enough for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading your thrify posts, thank you. This week we had a roast of beef for a couple nights and then Resident Chef turned the rest into stew which will last us for at least a week longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be very good at recycling and repurposing Jackie. Well done. We have at least a few of evenings per week when we don't eat meat or fish, or only eat very small amounts such as pepperoni on pizza. I too find that meat is much more expensive these days, which I kind of think it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't get snow here, but it definitely feels like fall! I had to bring my slippers out yesterday, which is always the sign that it's gotten chilly!

    ReplyDelete