Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Midweek, Hurry, Hurry

 


Here it is Wednesday already and I am going to have to get my get up and go back very quickly. I sent a text to each of the sons to make sure they were coming for Thanksgiving (not that they have ever missed this holiday) and they will definitely be here at some point on Friday. Our meal will be on Sunday as both head back to their respective homes on Monday. 

This means that some of the things that were not completed while I was feeling a bit rough need to be caught up and done. So far things are going pretty well. Today I dumped two plants, tidied their rooms, processed the tomatoes and got my regular tasks done as well. 

Tomorrow I will bake pies (though those pumpkin turnovers could pass for pie), get my mending done, and if I am very lucky bake some cookies as well. If the cookies are not done tomorrow I will for sure get them done on Friday.

Friday should see me caught up with uncompleted tasks and I will get out and sweep off the deck, as well as hang cushions up to dry. I am hopeful that we can all sit beside the firepit for a bit on Saturday night. Probably the last time as temperatures are dropping fast. 

Saturday will be a day of rest (well for the most part) and knitting will continue. Hopefully by the evening I will just have to work in the long tails of yarn on four finished blankets.

Being ready just to visit with them will be wonderful.

Off to visit all of you and get a salad made to go with our supper tonight (and more than likely tomorrow night).


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

13 comments:

  1. It all sounds lovely. So happy your boys will be there. Don't wear yourself out before they get there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that is Monday the 9th? I wish you all a wonderful time of family and fellowship and good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell that you are excited to see the boys Jackie. There's nothing better than good family time together. I hope you all have a wonderful long holiday weekend together! Hope you & Harvey have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a busy woman! I'm too lazy (and incompetent) to bake pies. It will be quiet around here, as D and Eli won't be visiting.
    I'm hoping to get my yard work completed on the weekend, as it does look like that will be the last nice weather.
    Enjoy your time with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a family get together sounds fun, dont stress, just do what you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to have both sons for the Thanksgiving weekend. Sounds like your good planning will work out perfectly. I will be cooking a turkey with trimmings for younger daughter and family. Other daughter at the boyfriends cottage doing the big shutdown for winter. Yes, we are supposed to have the temps. fall drastically this weekend. But have enjoyed a little delay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely that your boys are able to come home for the holiday. We'll be by ourselves which is normal now. Our oldest lives about 2 hours away but he always has to work (being a chef means he never gets the holidays off) and our other son lives in BC. We just got back from a trip out to see them so we can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very busy but it is exciting planning for company! Especially your children. ♥ Enjoy their visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love days when I can stay home and catch up on all my household chores and tidy the house up. That is what I'm working on today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That all sounds lovely and I hope you are having a great time with your boys. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew....I need a nap after your to do list. Take a minute and catch your breath. Everything sounds wonderful and remember, the most important thing is that you visit. If the other stuff doesn't get done, it doesn't really matter. It's the shared time that's important. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope the weather cooperates for you can enjoy fireside chats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin turnovers sound amazing! Hope you had a productive & super fun weekend with the family.

    ReplyDelete