Saturday, October 14, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


Sorry to have been missing in action for so long. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. I actually finished all the blankets for the family I have kind of adopted. Kurt took them home with him to hand over. Forgot to get a picture of them though.

After Kurt and Kris left I got busy trying to catch up on a few tasks I had set aside before they came. I have almost finished the extra cleaning tasks for the month (things I do once a month), and have been working on other projects. Promise pictures will be forthcoming. 

We have also been waiting to hear how Kris did with his new installation of a brand new boiler/water heater combo. The company got it done in less than two days and now will be coming back a bit later to remove the old water heater. Man does that free up space as his new boiler hangs on the wall, and once the old water heater is removed he will have additional space in his laundry area. Could even have a drying rack for winter use. 

I still have pumpkins and a few tomatoes to process. I made tomato jam with one batch a bit ago, and it turns out we love it. I am hoping to get enough ripe tomatoes to make another batch. 

I have also been watching and listening to the news about Israel and Gaza. So heartbreaking on both sides. Too many civilians killed and injured because of a group of terrorists. My heart bleeds for those who have lost loved ones on both sides. 

I am going to try and visit all of you tonight, wish me luck.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy week - but a great one. Any one spent with family is the best! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just can't watch or read the news about Israel and the Gaza strip, it's just too horrific. Why do people have to be so cruel and inhumane?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you all had a wonder Thanksgiving. Very nice about the extra storage in the laundry room once the boiler is removed. I love tomatoes too. I put them on pizza this week and they were delicious. We were sad to read the new about Israel and Gaza also. Our hearts go out to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good visit with your sons over Thanksgiving. Good luck to Kris with the instalation - is this what they call an on demand water heater? I'll be interested to hear how it works for him.
    I watch the news every morning and it is just an awful situation in Israel and Gaza. There will be no winners in this conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you again.
    I'll bet that tomato jam would be good even with green ones. My relish with green tomatoes was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete