Friday, June 28, 2024

Moving Toward Simpler Living

 


We have a pretty bad storm on the horizon once again, so I am not sure when I will get to visit all of you. Be patient, if at all possible I will be reading your posts tonight, if not, for sure tomorrow morning.

The chapter in my Simpler Living book this time was about laundry and the laundry room. Much of what was written about I already practice and I am sure the rest of you do as well. Some would actually take up way too much room in my smallish laundry space and wouldn't streamline anything at all. At least for me.

But here are some highlights from the chapter.

1.  Be careful not to overload the washer or dryer.

2.  Use the correct amount of detergent for your load size and water level.

3.  Baby wipes can be used to clean stains from baby formula off most fabrics.

4.  Remove clothes quickly from the dryer to minimize wrinkling.

5.  Hang wrinkled clothes in the bathroom when you are taking a shower to allow the steam to remove wrinkles.

6.  When buying new machines buying basic would save you lots of money.

7.  Keep a trash can handy for all the lint cleaned out from the lint trap in the dryer.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 
God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I do most of that. Although my husband wanted a front loading machine and dryer and I haven’t been impressed. I would have preferred the regular ones. They seem to last a long time.
    Ha, removing the clothes from the dryer sometimes happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your storm isn't too bad and that there's minimal damage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have quit using the dryers in our building simply due to the cost. It's so much cheaper to have a bunch of extra hangers and an additional tension rod over our bathtub to hang our laundry to dry. Yes, the towels might be a little 'stiffer' than they would be coming out of a dryer but it's a small price to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good tips, Jackie. We follow all of those here except for the steaming one as we have a steamer. I keep a dryer lint brush near my dryer too to clean it out from time to time,

    ReplyDelete