Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff


 It has been pretty quiet here since the storm. Still gathering twigs and finding a few branches broken off some of my pots and baskets. Still things are not too bad and I am still able to forage a bit. Seems like what could be considered weeds grow like crazy no matter what. 

I have a bit more weeding to do, but man the humidity gets bad by about mid morning. I need to get out a bit earlier in the day.

Harvey got the piece he ordered for his smoker and it seems like he has got it working properly again.

It does cool off at night so the windows are open and the air conditioner no longer starts running at 7 in the morning. 

Household tasks are being completed and even more will get done tomorrow. I am trying to get a bit ahead so as the week before we go for the reunion I really will not have much to do. Just make my lists for packing and then the packing itself.

So here is what I have been collecting so far for my salves, lotions and potions.


The only item I have actually gathered enough to start the oil infusion. This is the lemon balm leaves sitting in a sunny window.


The first gathering of plantain leaves drying in the sun. I should be able to put these in a jar very soon and get another gathering done. I even found more plants growing further down the alley.


The tiny bit of white clover I have managed to collect up until now. This could take awhile.


The dried lavender buds are slowly adding up.

Not many of the calendula flowers collected as of yet. I do have two flowers dried and put into an air tight bag for now. There are another two I can pick and dry tomorrow. Hopefully the blossoms start coming a bit better very soon. Heck I may be stealing some from Kris when we go up there in a couple of weeks.

As far as projects I am slowly getting a few more of those done. Once the perennial bed has been weeded I will mark that one off, and I hope to get the deck furniture straightened out and wiped down at some point tomorrow or if I feel up to it after supper tonight. 

Busy knitting mitts and getting closer to the at least 15 and hopefully 19 pairs done. I am loving the fact that I am clearing out my yarn stash a bit.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

6 comments:

  1. So a family reunion is in your future. Those can be interesting. I liked them as kids but once I hit adulthood, they reminded me of a high school reunion. Well it will make for some good blog fodder at least! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish you were close by. I sit here looking out the window and my neighbors back yard is white with clover. I have tons in my front yard. It smells so good. You are getting things done! Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saying is, a weed is just a plant that grows where you don't want it. I might argue that point, there are definitely weeds I don't want in the yard. I'm a wee bit concerned how much weeding will need to be done when I head to town ont the weekend as my daughter hasn't done any as far as I know. The weeds will have had six weeks head start on me!
    You certainly never run out of things to do. Are your salves basically the same recipe, just with different leaves and flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weeds, eh! There's no containing them once they get going. I used to wonder how Dad kept his veg patch so weed free until I realised he went down every day with a hoe to deal with newcomers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to know that some things generally classed as weeds can be useful in salves and 'potions'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby's dad has a 2-acre lavender field - very profitable (he sells the blooms to folks who extract the oil), oddly enough. His cohabitating GF keeps some aside to make sachets and sends us some of those every year after harvest, along with a big bag to refill the existing ones. I could live in that bag, LOL, the smell is SO good!

    ReplyDelete