Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

This is the First Sunday of Lent and we thought about Christ in the desert and all the temptations sent his way. He was grounded in his knowledge that God, his Father, loved Him and would protect Him no matter what was sent his way.

Lent to many people is considered a time of giving things up, in other words depriving our selves. Instead I like to think of it as becoming more firmly rooted in our faith, whichever faith we are. To make time for prayer, and reading the Bible. In other words, trying to become more what God would have us be.

It has been a quiet start to this Lenten season. I am trying very hard to let go of my anxiety over my upcoming tests. What will be, will be. I know God will not give me more than I can handle and will be with me through whatever comes my way. I need to hold onto that and just relax into the season.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment: