Monday, March 4, 2019

Menu Monday

Ahhh, the first full week of the new month and perhaps a change in the weather situation arriving very soon (or not). I think that perhaps what is getting to most of us here on the prairies of Canada is the warm up slightly and then overnight almost back to well below the temperatures we are used to. Our usual winter weather consists of a week or so of these seriously cold days, and then a gradual warm up. Oh well, we will survive.

Monday

Time to do some clearing out of the freezer. I plan on bringing up a container of stew for our supper. Served over slices of homemade bread. Would make dumplings, but not sure if I really want to.

Tuesday

The leftover beef roast will be made into hot beef sandwiches and served with homemade fries and a salad.

Wednesday

Pulling a package of leftover chicken out of the fridge freezer and having it for supper. I might make Chicken a la King and serve it over toast points.

Thursday 

Lazy perogies (or if I want to be fancy deconstructed perogies). Served with sour cream and leftover salad.

Friday

Soup and sandwiches.... I might just make some Moroccan Lentil soup here. It makes a big batch so some will need to be frozen.

Saturday

Clean out the fridge night. Sure to be lots of leftovers to choose from.

Sunday

Baked Ham, rice, mixed veggies and salad.

I am hoping to use up a few items in that freezer during the week. I have some rhubarb and think a sponge pie would be just lovely. I also see some muffins that I might pull out for snacks during the week.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

God bless. 

2 comments:

  1. I like to mop up stew and gravy with bread. A childhood thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of sponge pie. There are many packages of rhubarb in the freezer. The last thing I made with rhubarb was muffins. This week on the menu - carrot/rice soup (maybe with coconut milk?), cauliflower penne alfredo (I'll add some leftover breakfast sausage to this), minute steak with pasta & salad. The chocolate chip cookies have been restocked. It's time to defrost the freezer.

    ReplyDelete