Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

It was another beautiful sunny day. The snow is melting like crazy and since tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same, perhaps the roads will even be clear of mud and water. So looking forward to spring and all the lovely fresh air I can get when I take a bit of a walk.

Now on to thrifty happenings around here the past week.

I turned the collar on one of Harvey's shirts. 

Cut up a sock for ties (the good one is put on the dresser for the next time socks of the same colour meet this fate). 

Using up bits and bobs from the fridge. Making sure nothing gets pushed to the back.

Combined the dregs of same cleaners into one bottle. Now the under sink areas are nicely organized.

Used up a spool of thread hand quilting. Actually used up every last bit.

Now while the next item is going to cost a bit, it would be way more if Harvey wasn't handy. My treadmill has been acting up and this last time there was no way some spray and cleaning was going to help. Harvey found the drive belt needed on Amazon, ordered it and will be installing it. Hopefully this will work for a very long time. Drive belt less than $20.00, to buy a new treadmill....$900.00. 

While the treadmill is out of commission I am using YouTube and following a walking routine. The one I am using is more of an aerobic work out, but I am just walking to the beat. Not doing the fancy step outs or almost dance movements. It will work while I wait for the treadmill to be repaired.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment