Monday, March 25, 2019

Menu Monday

I am already making a switch around in order to use up some items in the fridge today.

Monday

First switch around. Today we will finish off the ham/scalloped potato casserole I made on Saturday. Served with a salad and it should fill us right up nicely.

Tuesday

Mushroom meatballs served over noodles with peas and perhaps a kale salad.

Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I may just make the lentil soup I have been craving for awhile.

Thursday

Leftover meatballs and noodles along with salad.

Friday

Tuna casserole and a tossed salad.

Saturday

Leftover ham warmed up. I think I may just make a potato salad to go along with it (not the season really for potato salad but I would really like some).

Sunday

Beef roast, mashed potatoes, and corn. May as well finish off any of the salads that are left as well.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like some lovely food happening in your world this week .. I need to get planning like that. Have you always done this? .. or did you start to help with your budget?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to do menu planning when I was working full time (well even before if I am honest). It was something that was necessary for our budget and to cut down on waste.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I had a fridge full of leftovers last week; a good thing as I did a lot of running around tending to care needs for my mom who was hospitalized after a fall. There's bacon/bean soup to finish up. Add to that - dressed cauliflower; roasted chicken breasts; a stir fry with leftover chicken and to use up the peppers in the crisper. Jerry Seinfeld once said that drawer should be called the "rotter" not the crisper. One of my goals is to avoid food waste. I'm also aiming to reduce purchasing produce in plastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fridges full of leftovers help make cooking much easier especially when you have to do a great deal of running around.

      God bless.

      Delete