Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Ramblings


Today is World Day of Prayer for Vocations and I have done nothing but think about the vocations people hold in the world.

The ones I am most thankful for today are those that hold the vocations of healing. Kurt is home from his surgery now and from what he tells us it was a success. The nurses, doctors and surgeons from beginning to end were wonderful, even though Kurt is in a great deal of pain he is happy with what they accomplished and how quickly the whole thing was handled.

Vocations are more than just the priesthood, or becoming a sister or brother. Each of us is called to our own vocation being it married life, single life, motherhood, fatherhood or adoption. We are all called and need to answer whatever call God extends to us.

I have thought so for a long time, but having a priest say we are all called to discipleship just makes it all that much clearer. We all need to walk the walk if we talk the talk. Something that is not always done by members of a church congregation. It does not matter what faith one belongs to, this is something that occurs in all of them.

I have made a step towards this, this past week. I am no longer a member of our parish council, my term ended in March. A mistake was made by our parish council chairperson in that she emailed me the minutes of the last meeting (held just this past week). I deleted the message and emailed her back saying that what occurred at a meeting was no longer my business. I do not want to know what is discussed as there is so much negative gossip in the parish and the less I know the better. From now on I plan on walk the walk and talk the talk, this is my vocation and a sign of true discipleship (at least for now).

Please practice your vocation to the best of your ability. We need you all more than ever.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Kurt's operation has gone well and was a success.

    Well done for having the courage to remove yourself from the negativity around you. Like you, I prefer to avoid such encounters, as it is very difficult not to get drawn into others' politics. Hopefully, it will help you live more peacefully.

    ReplyDelete