Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thrifty Tuesdays

I have spent most of the day trying to get as much done as is possible. If Kurt phones on Friday and says he needs my help I want to be able to just get up and go on Saturday morning.

However, I have run into one problem. Most of the gas stations on the way are Self Serve..... I have never pumped my own gas. In fact I have a problem getting the gas cap off. I think Harvey is going to have to give me a few lessons on how to do so.

I took down some of the vinyl mac tac from the shelves in the kitchen and used up the last of the press on vinyl tiles. I will need to buy about 9 more tiles, but boy does it make a difference!! Things look so much cleaner.

I also worked on the Silent Auction items. Sewed them up tonight and as I still have a few days grabbed some more yarn to make one more item.

Walking was perhaps one of the thriftiest things I did today. I am up to 20 blocks and aiming to go higher yet. I don't know how many steps that is.... I get out of step and miscount every time.

Harvey has been busy in the yard. He is getting very good at using items he already has. The flower gardens are going to be marvelous and I should have lots of cut flowers this year to brighten the house.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment