Saturday, September 14, 2019

Day Three and Some Photos of the Night Before

Sunset on the second night. 

There was live entertainment outdoors at one of the eating establishments/lounges. They were very good and we enjoyed our short time watching and listening.

We didn't spend much time listening as we had a big day planned for hiking.

I got up in the morning and after a cup of coffee went out for my morning walk. To my surprise there was a great deal of fog over the water.

By the time I got down to the beach much of the fog had lifted. At first all you could see was the tip top of the mast on the sailboat.

Still the day became sunny and warm. After Harvey finished a few cups of coffee we were off on our first hike of the day.


We decided to do the Arrowhead hike. This hike was mostly through the forest and really was pretty easy overall. There were a few places (uphill) that I was very glad to have my walking sticks. We finally reached a lookout area and saw this....


An open meadow!! I bet this is filled with wildlife, which of course we didn't have the luck to see.

And what is a hike without the obligatory picture of mushrooms or fungus. I am always amazed at how many types we see that I have never seen before.

After lunch I managed to convince Harvey to go on another hike. This one was not too far from our 
cabin (well relatively close).

We were planning on going in one direction but ended up taking a bit longer route. You see a smell was emanating from the trail in front of us, and on looking down we saw lots of bear droppings. Not wanting to run into a bear on the trail, we back tracked and took a different route.

This route followed the shore line of the lake south wards.

Just one of the many sailboats that were on the water that day. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.











4 comments:

  1. That looks like wonderful walking. Hope you've come back wondrously refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful walk but I don't fancy the bears. I would have changed direction too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have made a detour too to avoid any confrontation with a bear, scare times. Looks like a great place for hiking the sunset was stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photographs from your trip, I don't think I'd fancy running into a bear either.

    ReplyDelete