Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

Now that we are home once again, things can start getting back to normal.

Thrifty happenings on the old homestead started in earnest once again. We really spent a little more than we had planned to on our holiday.

Last night I pulled out the 4" fabric squares and started another quilt top. These squares are from leftover scraps of fabric from other sewing projects and fabric that I have cut out of old clothing that was past being donated, but still clean and usable. It is kind of great that our sons bring their older clothing home and let me decide if it should be donated, cut into fabric to be used in quilts, or made into rags. Of course I cut off all buttons and they are popped into the button jars. Truly this is a thrifty way of staying warm on cold winter nights. The quilts also make lovely gifts as well.

Harvey had a pair of pj's that had seen better days. Since they were made out of flannelette I got some lovely rags out of them. Just have to serge the edges.

I shopped my fridge, pantry and freezer for supper tonight and I made enough that we can have another meal from the casserole.

Using no name embroidery thread to embroider those tea towels.

Working on the temperature blanket still and that will be another lovely blanket to snuggle into on those cold winter evenings.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a temperature blanket. One of these days I will get around to making one. There is always another project, isn't there? :)

    ReplyDelete