Friday, June 26, 2020

Frugal Friday

Ahh, the end of what used to be our work week, now that we are retired things are so very different.

1.  Opening windows in the late evening so that the house cools down overnight. It also keeps the air conditioning from running all night long.

2.  Using the rain barrel to water our plants this week. Hopefully we will be getting more rain soon and the rain barrel will fill up once more.

3.  Harvey has been eating raw onions from the garden. He says he plans on planting a few more.

4.  Used the gift card we got when buying our new vehicle to do a bit of a stock up on meat.

5.  Managed to find coupons to use the next time I am shopping online. Even got a booklet of high discounts in the mail this week. Mostly for cleaning supplies, but considering I am stocking up this is just great.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. It's always nice to spend a voucher. I hope you're getting to grips with the new car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even sure I know what a weekend is anymore, since I've retired. As my brother and I laugh about, everyday is Friday!

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second hubby left town I turned the AC off - five days without it clicking on will save a couple of dollars (his office heats up when he does web conferencing - plus he has way less tolerance than I do, that or I am just cheaper). I received some coupons in the mail but am not sure anyone will take them now, hard enough to use cash let alone coupons. So glad you got a GC when you bought that vehicle. I am going to use our Costco GC when it comes (Aeroplan redemption) for meat too

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad used to love to make onion sandwiches, from his onions he grew in the garden. My mom, on the other hand, could hardly sleep with him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Debby, my Dad made green onion sandwiches too with peanut butter. :D Lovely memory and I love them too!
    All things on your list are great moves towards frugality! :)

    ReplyDelete