Thursday, June 11, 2020

Thursday Tidbits



Blogger is not allowing me to post a picture, not sure if I like this new set up at all. I will try once I finish this post, perhaps in an edit.

Things are pretty much the same on the old homestead. I am continuing with my walks every day. I change directions most days just to see something new. I may take a drive down to the park and walk through there some morning. I am a bit worried about ticks and mosquitoes though. Don't need to be bitten anymore than necessary.

Kris is having a bit of pain getting in and out of his vehicle. I told him that twisting his hips is probably not the best for his break and to perhaps take it a bit easy for awhile. I also told him I would come up on the 23 and stay overnight (perhaps for a couple of nights) to get things cleaned up again. Harvey also wants me to go to Costco. There are a few things I could easily pick up. I won't go overboard. At least I hope not. Must remember to make a Costco list up and make sure I have a mask.

The weather has improved, it is not windy, the sun is shining and the weather has warmed up considerably. Probably a good thing for my herbs as some were starting to look a bit stunted, especially my basil. 

This new normal is beginning to get to me. Physical distancing can be hard to do when you know someone needs a hug. I am being very careful as there are only a few people on the surgical wait list before me. I don't want to get sick and have to put off my surgery. I have waited a long time and want this done before the next wave of Covid-19 hits (as it more than likely will).

Facebook is full of disgruntled relatives and friends. I spend more time hiding posts than I do reading them. Those posts just make me want to shake people as I have said before.

Harvey has gone fishing a couple of times. Hasn't caught anything worth bringing home but at least he is out in the fresh air. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Kris is having pain and wow, on the FB posting. That doesn't sound fun at all. Would you ever just bump those people off your list? I don't know how The Book of Faces works. I made an account for two seconds and deleted it. There are other Happy Whisks on there. They can stay there. I'll take Blogger over FB any day of the week. Though, I really love Instagram and FaceFarts owns them. Anyway, healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, I had this problem a week or so ago and changed the browser I was using from Chrome to Internet Explorer and it seems to work now. You could possibly update your current browser too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get your surgery done while you feel it is safe to do so. Have they given you a date yet? My outpatient surgery is still put off - no one but me seems to have any urgency but I share your concern about the next Covid wave too what with even California allowing almost everything to open back up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so can relate to this post, I have American Trump supporters as relatives (they are quieter these days) who I have to hide posts from regularly plus a bunch of red neck people who we used to call friends/ex coworkers who don't seem to have a brain these days. As for Costco, went the first time in several weeks the other night. Even though they specifically ask you to wear a mask - and give you one if you don't have one there were at least 30 percent who refused at my Costco. It makes me so angry, all of this has really just brought to the forefront how many selfish people there are in the world

    ReplyDelete