Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

It is really warm here today so my walk took place later in the day when things cooled off. 

I have been using food up, nothing is getting wasted if I can help it. Leftovers are being used for lunches or remade into something else. In other words a brand new meal. Planning helps with that a great deal.

Since I took my walk later in the day I spent some time in the sewing room. I only have a hem left to do and another project for this month is completed.

We have a new pet (though Harvey insists that it isn't a pet at all). A baby bush bunny has decided that it likes our yard and comes out for a visit every so often. I took it out a bowl of water and some small pieces of carrot. Harvey said that it could stay in the yard as it is much safer for it. I know that it will hop away very soon but for now I am enjoying watching it and keeping it out of the garden.

Elastics were saved from various bundles of fresh produce this week, as well as the plastic bags from groceries. While I no longer use them to dispose of kitty litter, I take them up to Kris so that he has them for his kitty litter disposal.

On those cooler days the windows have been left opened up in order to cool the house.

One of my many times darned socks has hit the rag bag. I think I will cut this one up for use in the garden.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. You are thrifty! :) Nothing wrong with that.
    Love watching the critters. We don't have bunnies which is okay since I'd have to fence my garden in then. I settle for Chippys. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've a small bunny living in my backyard too. I was just thinking I should find a way to put out some water for it as the bird bath is out of reach. They're so cute, and as Harvey has said, much safer in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete