Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

Well we are now the proud owners of a new vehicle. Just a year before we planned, but the deal was so good.

First we got a pretty good trade in allowance on the old vehicle. In fact it was more than we were first quoted. Then we got it at the employee price, so even more cash off. To top it off we have 0% financing for 36 months so our savings will not be depleted. In fact we can continue to earn interest on it. Lastly I got a $250.00 gift card to my favorite grocery store which I plan on using to stock up on some meat. No money out of pocket. Got to love it when everything comes together and you can save.


Now the only problem is gathering the courage to drive the darn thing. It is all push button and nothing is where it was in our old vehicle, even though this new one is the same model. Scary.


Other thrifty happenings here have been mending clothing to extend it's life, cutting some rags out of old towel, and the usual saving of plastic bags to be used again for other purposes.


Oh yes, and our visitor is sticking around.


Such a tiny thing. I just hope it does not eat it's way through my garden.

Everybody have a wonderful day.


God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, all the way around and a cute little bunny at the end. We have sooo many here. Too many but they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got a great deal on your new vehicle, hope you enjoy it once you work out what's what.

    I think your little visitor knows a good deal too, your garden must look very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a good deal. I think companies will be trying to entice people to spend. $250 voucher, what's not to like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought a new to us car last year, not really planned but it has been wonderful, just that bit bigger than our other car, very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new vehicle! Sometimes things happen out of turn for a reason and your reasons sound like great ones!
    Love your thriftiness, my Mom would be so proud of you! :) I have adopted so many of those saving tips, twist ties, bread clips, plastic bags, sandwich and freezer baggies for starters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunnies are so cute but can be a problem to gardens and irrigation hoses. At least the ones here chew through them. Your new car deal sounds fantastic. I bet there is a YouTube on all those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful that you good such a great deal on your new car, great news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great deal on the vehicle. Now if you have money is the time to buy a lot of things. Sweet bunny. Hopfully he sticks to grass and clover and leaves the garden be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Auto dealers (among other businesses) are hurting right now, so the timing is definitely right. I'm sure after a few drives you'll have figured it all out. Though I did find a button I had never used in my 2007 Toyota the other day. Now I know what it is for. :)

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great. It's always fun to get a new vehicle. We're going to need one in the next few years. I don't look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete