Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

The past week has seen a very few thrifty moves on the old homestead.

I went through all my stored yarn and found lots that is suitable for sock making. So I brought it all upstairs to try and use up during this sock knitting month. Should be able to replace many of the pairs that became too worn to darn any more.

I hemmed a skirt that the hem was falling down on as well. 

I used an old sheet for backing on the outside quilt that I finally got finished. Now just to make two more for our sons to use outside as well.

Very little went to waste in the food department. I could still manage to improve in this area as things seem to get away from me at times (especially when Harvey pushes containers to the back of the shelf). 

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt sounds great and using up the wool is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of an outside quilt. A couple of our garden chairs are a looking a little yuck, maybe a nice throw would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often lose things in the depths of my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a productive week. I'm impressed that you knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Elizabeth said....I find things in the back of the fridge all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby is very good at a lot of things...but cleaning out containers from the fridge is not one of them. He pushes them to the back too. My only thrifty win was a $10 credit from a legitimate complaint at Superstore....things are getting so expensive. I am not well enough to go from store to store looking for bargains nor do I want to in a pandemic so for now I will have to live with what small frugal wins I have.

    ReplyDelete