Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

It has been raining all day today. The storm last night was mostly wind and there were branches down around the city. Harvey pulled a rather large one from the middle of the road last night at around midnight. He didn't want anyone who happened to be out driving to hit it and have an accident. The city cleared it away this morning.

Thrifty happenings here are the usual small things. I was going to make lotion bars this month but noticed lots of sample and small tubes are still in the basket in the bathroom. I have started to use those up first. I also have a rather large bottle of hand lotion I forgot that Kris had given me because he didn't like it.

I have been keeping the windows open at night. This is helping with the cooling of the house. The air conditioner hardly runs at all the last few days. Even when we reached 35C.

I went out early this morning between the rain showers and harvested rhubarb. This will be used to make a few items for when Kurt and Kris are home this weekend. Perhaps even enough will be made for Kris to take home a care package.

Leftovers are packaged up and put in the fridge freezer to be used to make other meals over the next while. Lots of packages that need using. So menu plans could change to take advantage of them all. I just do not seem to be able to keep up with them.

Tomorrow night we have some free entertainment in our city. For the first time in a number of years we will be having fireworks for Canada Day. Supposedly they are all going to be high enough that we will be able to see them from our decks or backyards. 

I have been watching our Prime Video subscription. There is nothing on regular television right now (except for pandemic news) and this being able to watch a movie or series is wonderful. The subscription has more than paid for itself in entertainment and Prime itself in free postage.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the firework display, sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my trial period with Prime and agree it does pay for itself. I'm going to see if I'm offered another free period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day!

    The rain missed us entirely yesterday, never saw a drop. But we did get a decent bit overnight so I'll take it.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the fireworks and having your family all together again for the weekend. It's been raining on and off here this week.

    ReplyDelete