Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday


 The last few days have been very cold, which of course means walking indoors, and getting projects completed. 


 I didn't really like how the first project this week turned out so I redid it in another fashion. I will still use the one that didn't turn out quite right to store some electronic cords and chargers in when we travel. I do like the way the second phone case turned out though and so does Harvey. He would like me to make him one only it has to have a belt loop. Perhaps it will be added to his Christmas gift. The great thing is these used up some scrap fabric and lining material. Just as the pot holders and oven mitts did. I find it amazing how much scrap fabric and remnants I have.


I have been using leftover bags of roasts from the freezer. I can usually get two meals out of those itty, bitty bags of frozen leftover meat. Casseroles and stir fries really stretch things out.


I have done some mending again this week. This time it was a favourite sweater that I bought in Scotland a few years back. I think I am wearing it out.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.

4 comments:

  1. You are being quite creative in using your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised how much fabric I had when I started to make masks. I am working on some Christmas gifts and feel good that I am able to use some scrap fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how we can have a nice variety of clothes in our drawers & closet but we tend to gravitate towards the same pieces? I am the exact same way. I'm glad you could save your favorite sweater, Jackie. ~Andrea xoxo PS~ We've had absolutely gloriously warm weather for several days, here in Indiana, but I've heard it's all coming to a close today (Wednesday) as the high is forecast to only be in the 40s. Pooey!!! I was getting used to 70 again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old Swedish sweater (at least 25 years old) that I wore out so bad, but I turned the body into a Christmas pillow and saved all the buttons!

    ReplyDelete