Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Wednesday Thoughts

 The American election is still not over yet and it seems as if it is going to be closer than thought. Nerve wracking for our southern neighbours I am sure.


I have made one pair of oven mitts, but realized that they are for women. I guess no one figures men cook and need them as well. So I am going to make some larger pot holders for them. I should be finished with these by the end of the week and will be able to pick another project. All I can say is thank heavens for leftover fabrics from other projects so I can say this gift is going to cost me very little. I will post pictures of everything on Saturday.


We will be heading into a storm this weekend that could give us a foot of snow. No snow tires on the SUV as of yet. Harvey says he is going to phone on Monday. 


Other than that all is the same here. We have had a mask mandate put into effect in our largest cities. The bad thing is our provincial government is not going to enforce it. Instead they are hoping everyone who lives in them will be compliant to the rules. Already there are those who are arguing once again that our rights are being taken away. I really want to shake each and every one of them. We will need to wait and see what happens.


To all of you under a lockdown I pray that everything goes the way your governments hope.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    Although I don’t comment very often, please know that I read every post and enjoy the content of each one.
    Here in Leamington in southwestern Ontario we haven’t seen snow yet. We did have a slight frost last week but I’m happy to say that the snow is holding off.I do think for us the milder weather is the best part about moving back to Essex County for years ago
    In Leamington everyone seems to be very conscientious about wearing masks. I really can’t understand why people wouldn’t want to protect those around us and themselves. I understand that nearby in Windsor there have been some protests about mask wearing but I’m happy to say I have yet to encounter anyone out and about without a mask 😷 on. Thank you by the way for the wonderful pattern. I’ve used it to make many masks.
    I must say that I admire your walking routine. It is something I need to work towards.
    I hope you and Harvey stay well.
    Take care, Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie, Day One today. Lets hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always some drama and look over here in my country. But you wonder? What re they doing over there they don't want you to see. What a mess. A foot of snow....not quite ready for any of that. Stay well and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hoping this snow event isn't as bad is being forecast. Fingers crossed.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with you, Jackie... mandates but no enforcement. I simply don't understand why some people put up such a fuss about wearing a mask. What's the big deal anyway? Our country (USA) is probably headed towards another lockdown... at least in some areas anyway. Here in Indiana our state has the highest number of cases since this whole thing started, from what I understand... but no new mandates or anything. It's a Wait-And-See Game, I think. Stay warm & safe with that snow headed your way. It's been near 70* all week here but I know it won't last... and once the snow starts we'll have it til April. Ugghhhhh!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish they would do mask mandates every province and make it fineable - here in BC there are still bloody people in the Hospital without them! Fortunately you are only able to walk thru the hospital doors if you are the patient or have specific business...no more coming in couples. Yikes, that snow. Can't keep it away..I guess it is november

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whilst England is in lockdown thankfully Scotland has not gone down that route as yet. I suspect we will follow shortly. I am surprised about masks been such a problem, they are saving lives. Stay safe in the all that snow, the temperatures are due to drop here over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete