Friday, August 5, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


So what frugal things have we been up to on the old homestead this week.

1.  Harvey made a stand for his trail camera so he could position it to get pictures of the birds and actually get some good photos.

2.  He also made me some hangers for my fairy lights which I made with the lights I got from Amazon and some old mason jars that were getting to the upper limits of their use (mine kind of crack when they get beyond 15 or so years of use).

3.  We finished all the leftovers in the fridge and I froze enough of the curry and pork noodle casserole for Kris to have a couple of meals.

4.  Windows have been open most evenings to take advantage of the cool breezes. Keeps the air conditioner from turning on.

5.  Entertainment has been watching Star Trek Discovery on my android box for free. 

6. Lights have been turned off in rooms not in use.


Now yesterday we had a couple of ouches happen. 

Harvey went for a drive and thought to walk down to Rafferty Dam to look at the water a bit closer and to check for the turtles. It is a rocky walk down to the shore, but he managed it. However on the way back up a rock shifted under his foot and he fell. Both knees have a bit of damage (mostly scrapes), but one shin has a very nasty scrape from the ankle up to the knee. He also had his cell phone in his pocket which slipped out and into a hole between the rocks.... He reached into the hole and found it pretty much full of water. Couldn't find his phone so now we will be probably having to purchase another phone for him. Sighs.... Things always seem to happen in threes around here. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness - I hope your DH is okay! Sorry that the phone is a loss but he's more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch... poor Harvey, I bet that really hurt. His phone lost too.... expensive 😳
    I love all the Star Trek genre and have seen the Discovery episodes a while ago. Great to be able to watch them for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no. Poor old Harvey, what an unpleasant thing to happen. I hope his legs heal quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Harvey! That sounds rough. 😢 I hope his knees heal quickly. I need to make it a habit to turn lights off regularly around here to save on the electric bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, poor Harvey. Hope he heals up quickly. What a nuisance too about the phone.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Harvey is doing better today, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete