Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits



I managed to get the shopping done today in record time. However now I just have to work on getting the fridge and freezer cleared out and some jam made, baked beans made and ask my friend if she can drop by and water my plants. Seems like Harvey wants to get away for a few days so we will head to Kurt's on the 16th, leave on the 19th and stop at Kris's for a couple of days. 


I have talked to Kurt and he is fine with those dates, tried to get ahold of Kris but no answer so I will try later or sent a text to see if us staying the 19th and 20th is good with him. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is. We can also do a bit of shopping at Michael's and Costco while there. Perhaps even a stop at Body Works so I can use my gift card. 


We went and picked a phone for Harvey today. I think he will like this one as it is a Samsung foldable and fits in a pocket much easier.


This is the one he chose. I finished setting it up for him just a bit ago. 


This will be a spendy month what with new phones, and we should probably try and get the car in for an oil change before we go (though Harvey will probably say it can wait). Then there is the gas cost for our visits, and probably we will have a meal out at each place. Since this will be our vacation this year I am fine with it. 


Off to work on projects, or perhaps take a bit of a walk before doing so. The weather is lovely and I need to move a bit more.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. That's a neat little phone, looks like a mini laptop. Have a lovely time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely phone. Just like a very tiny laptop!

    They tell me my car is due for an oil change - and the cost, ouch. Oh, well, if it has to be done, it has to be done.

    Not long until your holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've gone back to flip phones! I liked mine, so perhaps this will be my next one too.
    I've no doubt you'll get everything accomplished before you leave on your mini-vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie,
    ...I hope you have a nice trip and visits...we're still doing InstaCart for the groceries...I'm trying to decide if it's faster or not...if you add up the time entering the items and the wait when you get to the store...which varies depending on how busy they are...I still think it's a lot safer than going in...in our area at least...where almost no one wears a mask...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cellular company doesn’t offer this but I think my husband would like this better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that phone - far preferable to the flat ones that are too easy to break. Had our car in for yearly rust proofing this afternoon - not cheap but we plan on keeping this car until we're done with driving so it's worth the expense in the long run.

    ReplyDelete