Friday, August 26, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


This has been a fairly short week since we have been back on the old homestead. Still there were a few frugal wins.


1.  Purchased on sale items when shopping. I even found a couple of shirts that had been marked down 75%. I couldn't make them at that price so I picked them up. 

2.  All laundry (including the drapes I washed) were hung on the line. Many of the loads were washed in cold as well as rinsed in cold.

3.  Since we were gone my menu has gone out the window, so I am using up leftovers from the freezer and will continue to do so until things are under control. 

4.  Tried a new meatless meal that used up an eggplant from the garden. Harvey really enjoyed it.

5.  Worked on my second knitted blanket for the month and have used up lots of the bits and bobs as well as orphan balls of yarn doing so. 

6.  Picked beans in the garden and processed them (and had a couple of side dishes at meal time). I am slowly getting a handle on the bounty.


Thanks for the lovely comments on my last post. Probably will do a few more on that line in upcoming weeks.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't found any good deals on clothing since covid hit, but that's only because I haven't gone shopping. Good way to be frugal - just don't shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been washing in cold water for some months now and I can't tell the difference in the cleaning of the clothes. Hopefully I'll see a difference in my natural gas bill. I can't tell right now as the bill is always lower in the summer.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I'm not going to buy more clothes, since I'm always purge but I find deals that I can't pass up. Out with the old and in with the new! That's my motto. Because I don't spend a lot on clothes, 2nd hand or sale items only, I never regret getting rid of things I've worn a lot.
    Good for you with the bounty, sounds like lots of good veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do like eggplant - what dish did you make? I think you had a great week and leftovers to use are always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to look for a nice patio rack. The are not forbidden long as they aren't higher than the railing and folded when not in use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh a 75% mark down on those shirts was a real bargain Jackie!!! I have never cooked with eggplant - I must give it a try. xx

    ReplyDelete