Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits


 

I thought that today I would share a few pictures of our holiday. Only the ones we took while we were at Kurt's and on the way home as if I shared them all you would be pretty bored.


Kurt lives in Drumheller, Alberta, the home of dinosaurs and in the heart of the badlands. In fact his backyard opens up into the hills surrounding the valley. 

Have I said I love his yard cause I really do.










It is so relaxing and private with no homes behind him.




We spend a great deal of time on his deck enjoying our visit.

Since he went to the gym one day while we were there, we decided to go shopping. 

Now of course we needed to take a picture of one of the many dinosaur statues downtown (really they are scattered throughout the city).

Harvey decided he needed to sit with this one.

They look kind of mad at each other.

On the way home we had a surprise.
This is a blade for a windmill traveling down the Trans Canada Highway. They are huge and I couldn't get the whole blade in the picture. We actually passed two of them on our way home. All I can say is thank heavens for double lane highways. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 
God bless.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a very attractive garden, with plenty of spaces to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt's yard does look great. I've seen those blades of wind turbines up close too and I agree, they are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos.
    Over here, 'back yard' sound like a small, enclosed, concrete space with no green stuff except for, maybe, a few pots.. That clearly isn't. :-) It's a delightful garden and I can see why you like it so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. It is a beautiful back yard. Men sure don't like having their pictures taken!!! Haha.
    This Turbine blades are huge!! We love having them in our back fields but seeing them on the highway is mind blowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie, I enjoyed reading your menu last post as well. I feel like I haven't done any real cooking in a while but hopefully, after this humidity takes off, I'll do that. Meanwhile, what a fabulous backyard to enjoy there! Seems like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went through Drumheller on our trip out west a few years ago. I really wanted to see the hoo doos but we couldn't find them despite asking for directions. I guess they're well hidden. It's a lovely town and Kurt is fortunate to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kurt's yard looks like an peaceful oasis. I'm sure he works hard to keep it that way. The photo of Harvey with the dinosaur made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete