Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday Rambling

 


The last couple of days have been pretty busy here on the old homestead. They will get much busier... It seems my oven has quit working once again. It was working great last night. I had to pull out my electric roaster to make supper (roast chicken) but I am not too sure how fast it will cook or if it will be ready on time. I can smell it, but it isn't browning very well. I am a bit worried about when I should add the rutabaga and carrots as well. 

Harvey checked the element, and it is just fine. Probably the wiring again which is concerning as that could mean there is more wrong than we thought. 

Oh well I have lots of appliances, and if need be, will do the baking in smaller batches (will take longer, but what can one do). I kind of giggled tonight as Harvey said a while back, I just had too many electrical appliances and should get rid of some. I mentioned to him when he was checking the element that perhaps it was a good thing I had so many. He agreed. 

So, what have I accomplished this week.


The tree downstairs is up and decorated. All that is missing are some candy canes to fill in some of the holes.



The quilt flimsy is done and needs to be pressed. I have the backing washed, dried and ready to be pressed as well. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it sandwiched and pinned. 



This is my electric roaster madly cooking that chicken. 

I also managed to get most of the strips cut for the rug. I should have enough cut to see me through at least 8 or 9 days and get me close to the end of that project. 

Tonight, I will have a bit of a rest and watch Wednesday on the TV and knit a little before jumping in the tub and having a nice soak. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. A girl can never have too many electrical appliances Jackie...lol. I'm sorry to hear about your oven. Your tree is beautiful and so is the quilt! Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful evening too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is great, and I love your flooring! Fingers crossed that your oven is back in action soon. Our dishwasher is on the fritz, which is no fun! M keeps trying to repair it. It's not very old (maybe 4 years?), so we're really unimpressed that it's needed so many repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is pretty. Bummer about the oven and good thing you have that electric roaster. The quilt looks nice. I have several quilts that I inherited from my Tennessee grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my electric appliances. I have a roaster just like yours except mine is black. They are great to make a big pot of chili in or a roast. So many things. I’m glad you have it since your oven is out of commission. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt top is lovely! The tree is pretty too.
    I would have said I don't have a lot of electric appliances, but thinking about it I have several. The ones I use the most are the crockpot, toaster oven and air fryer. The latter is one I just bought a few weeks ago and so far so good. I've made French fries (of course), sausage, chicken, and re-heated pizza slices.
    Good luck with the roasted chicken and veg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would think that roaster would work well for chicken. Mom always cooked the turkey in hers. It was larger than the oven and that way she could cook the other items in the oven at the same time. Your tree looks very nice. I love candy canes on a tree. It's always lthe last thing I put on. Good luck with the oven, hope you're able to get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt, I have a barefoot baby at my feet telling me she needs socks. So where di she put them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas tree looks beautiful. Ours is still in the loft as I speak, but I'm hoping to put it up sometime this week. Well done on making so much progress with the quilt. It's looking great. Hope you get the oven sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that your oven is giving you grief once again. You are fortunate that you have all the other appliances you can rely on, but it can't be a fun means of cooking most things, especially coming in to Christmas.
    Your tree looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete