Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 


I headed out at a relatively early hour to do my shopping hoping that it would warm up a tiny bit. It did by 10 am it had reached a balmy -32C up a whole degree from what it was at 7 am. So I bravely made my way out and got the shopping done, hopefully, for the next two weeks. I may have to venture out later next week to purchase more milk, but I did purchase extra.

After the shopping trip and getting things away I was soooo tired. I ended up parking my behind on my chair, knitting in hand and started watching Trauma on BritBox and now I am watching a lady frugally help people redo their homes. Shabby chic, or retro. Seems to be interesting to say the least. 


Thought I would share a few pictures today.



A couple of pictures of our snow. We have had a bit more since these were taken.


The quilt that is finished as much as I can right now. I may do some machine stitching on the cream border once Kris gets to see it on Christmas day.

I have decided to get all the baking done before I sew myself something for Christmas. This could mean me doing so on Christmas Eve, but what will be will be.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. My goodness Jackie, I can't imagine what it's like to have temperatures so low as -32 degrees. You are brave to venture out at all in those conditions. Glad you got the shopping done and now don't need to again for a while. Your quilt looks lovely. I'm sure Kris will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't push yourself too much. You are recovering after all, and your body needs to rest.
    I did not venture out today - although I originally had planned to but decided the better idea was to wait until tomorrow. I've got errands to run for my daughter, need to drop off some more scarves, toques and mitts, a few groceries to get, and stitch and chat. I'm sure the vehicle will be toasty warm by the time I get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks beautiful. (as long as you stay inside)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is bitterly cold here as well. -29C right now. There is no improvement until the weekend so we are going to limit going out to one more necessary trip and then that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw on the news that you guys had it cold. You are sending it my way right in time for Christmas ;0) Try and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, that's a LOT of snow! We had so much less than that and only - 7C but I did not dare venture out until it melted. With the strikes by NHS nurses and now ambulance drivers, I fear falling down too much to go out. Fingers crossed that you won't need to shop again for a while.
    The quilt is gorgeous, Jackie, how I would love to snuggle down under that! I hope you get your new outfit sewn for yourself. Wishing you and the boys a very happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  7. -32C!! Holy cow that's cold! I'm glad you got your shopping done. The quilt is lovely! Merry Christmas to you & your family Jackie. I hope you have wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be sure to take frequent rests - you don't want to have a relapse! My goodness that's cold - I'd be hiding someplace warm rather than going out in that if I could possibly avoid it.

    ReplyDelete