Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sunday Ramblings

 

There really hasn't been much happening around here. The weather the past few days has been wonderful (not today) so I tried to get out for a few walks and even managed a couple. Not really long ones, but at least I was out in the fresh air for a little while. 

On one of my walks I decided after three days of not picking up the mail, perhaps it would be a good idea to do so.

I opened the box, and it was stuffed to the top. I had forgotten about the patterns I ordered and those took up quite a bit of room. 


Mostly tops, but there are a couple of dress patterns and some of the longer tops I could add to the length and make a dress of them. We shall see.

I also finished the rug!!!!


It looks a bit smaller than it really is but is about 36" by 24". The perfect size to go by Kurt's sink. Cushiony soft as well.

Now I get to work on the quilt every day for most of the day. This should enable me to finish that project before Christmas. I am doing a very simple quilting on it. It looks pretty rustic so a rustic quilting is just the thing. Actually I am not a very good hand quilter so easy is best for me. I am enjoying the process though. 

I don't really feel tip top the last little while, my back is causing me grief, more so today. That could be because the weather is changing or it could be from hunching over a sewing machine or the rug. I have been using heat off and on today and that does seem to be helping.

My menu will be changing next week as I have lots of leftovers from this week. No roast meal today, later in the week, but not today. Going to be stretching things as much as I can. I am making a game of it and enjoying it. 

Off to visit all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. The rug looks great!
    I haven't bought a new pattern in years - partly because I rarely sew and partly because the cost of them is so high. When I'm looking for a pattern I usually head to Value Village. The problem with used patterns is the size I want may have been cut out or pieces are missing so it's very hit and miss.
    Just a suggestion, set a timer every hour and get up from the sewing, do a little stretching and walk for five minutes. I used to find myself tensed up at work over the computer and that helped some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those patterns for tops are cute. Yeah I get achy when it gets cold. Arthritis just keeps popping up all over each year in a different area. It doesn’t bother me in the warmer months. Last name night my hand and wrist were throbbing from arthritic pain. I wrapped it up with a warm pad from the microwave. It felt nice. Walking is so good for us. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful rug - Kurt is very, very lucky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about your back problems. I also get back pain while sitting at the sewing machine, so try not to get too immersed and sit there for hours. Get up and move around, maybe set a timer for 30 minutes of stitching, then get up and stretch. The rug looks nice and thick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finishing the rug. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I embiggened the photo of the patterns so I could see the details. Wish I was a seamstress that could sew clothing. I will tackle a dress for our grandie but that's the extent of my abilities. I sew, but it's landscapes and craft projects, never clothing. Having said that I used to make jackets using recycled denim but those were more of a 'craft' than 'clothing' (if that makes any sense!).
    Look after your back!! The rug looks amazing - cushy and warm.

    ReplyDelete