Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thursday Tidbits

Just sharing a few pictures of what I have been up to this week so far.

Tree up and decorated. No presents underneath as of yet, but hopefully a few will be under very soon.

Big pot of chili made. I am really trying to get a few meals ahead and this is the first large batch of many I hope.

Shortbread made, I never got a picture of the Almond Bark. That went into the freezer as quickly as possible. I wanted no temptation.

Large pot of split pea soup. I used the ham bone I had been saving to make the stock. The remainder was frozen for another meal or two down the road.

First batch of whipped shortbread cookies. So rich and melt in your mouth good.

A tray of chocolate coconut candy. These will be rolled in icing sugar (powdered sugar) when I serve them.

Chocolate mints. This will be cut tomorrow morning into small squares.

Tomorrow I plan on doing some more baking, crossing a few more items off the baking list. I also want to do some more sewing. Then of course there are all the usual Friday household tasks that need to be done as well.

Saturday, my sister and I will be traveling to Yorkton, a city 3 hours north of us. Our youngest brother suffers from schizophrenia and his meds seem to have stopped working. Our other brother informed me today that Jerry is in the hospital and they are trying to get his meds working again. We'll go up and visit him for a little while and make sure all is going well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless. 









3 comments:

  1. You've been very busy Jackie, all your baked goods look great. Are these for gifts or your own consumption?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks and sounds so good, I like the sound of the whipped shortbread cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks delicious. I know what you mean about temptation! I made sugar reduced coconut ice rolled in black chocolate. Yum. I'm glad I only did half measures or we would have eaten far too much!

    ReplyDelete