Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Quiet Times

This has been a very quiet day over all here on the old homestead. Repairs and maintenance have been completed for now. We will have to put in a new door when we come back from our holiday, remove the air conditioners (probably at Thanksgiving), and do a bit of yard clean up. Those are minor jobs compared to the furnace work and basement redo we needed to accomplish as soon as possible.

There will be a little bit of work to accomplish in the basement yet, but those can be done at Harveys' leisure over the winter.

I have started the first Christmas gift and have managed to get a pair of mitts completed and a good start on the second pair. I was going to make hats as well, but decided if my nieces are anything like my boys used to be two pairs of mitts would be the better gift. I have enough leftover yarn from other projects to complete these without having to spend anything other than the cost of mailing them. My youngest brother will get a card with a gift card as I don't have any idea of what to get him.

There was no food processing here today, but I am sure there will be tomatoes to do at some point tomorrow. Once I have a few more bags of frozen tomatoes I will make salsa.

The sky has been very hazy the last week or so. Many days we have had air quality warnings. This is mostly because of the forest fires to our west. I do think some could be because the fields are so dry and with the farmers harvesting their crops they are stirring up the dust as well. I feel for all those who are facing the loss of their home from those fires.

Trees are turning colour already. I am not sure if this is an indication of an early start to our winter or because the trees are under strain from not having enough water.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment