Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

So today I actually got to make my roast chicken. Harvey picked the carcass clean (well as clean as possible) and I packaged up the bones to make stock a bit later. Then the leftover chicken was packaged up as well and put in the freezer.

The drippings were poured into a container and froze as well. I can see gravy being made to go on homemade fries at sometime in the future. Or I could always use it in the soup stock for a bit more richness.

Our air conditioners were off all day today. Cha ching less money spent on electricity. 

While the next three days will see the air conditioners on once again (temperatures going up to the mid 30's again) the nights will cool down enough that we will not need them on. That is more the temperatures we are used to at this time of year.

I did some darning of a couple of pairs of my socks, washed rags and hung them out to dry.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment