Saturday, August 25, 2018

Saturday Roundup

It has been a fairly busy week. The garden is coming in and I have been busy processing items between making Christmas gifts and cleaning the house. Needless to say the house is not as tidy as I would like, but hopefully that will change next week. I want it spic and span before we leave on our get away. I would hate the neighbour to see it the way it is now (she will be looking after Shania for us). 

First off I made those Christmas tree ornaments. 

Then I have moved on to making the mittens. I have 2 pairs completed and have almost finished the third pair. Hopefully I will have 4 pairs done by Tuesday (will post a picture when they are done).

I have frozen 15 pint bags of beans, 10 pint bags of tomatoes, and today I made salsa (hopefully another batch will be made early this coming week.

I don't know why I can never get a label on straight. 

The last of the beans have been picked and the vines cut down. Oops I notice a little spot on the carpet that will need to be cleaned. Tomorrow perhaps.

Now that the beans are done I can concentrate on the tomatoes and the remaining cucumbers.

I got a bit of a surprise today. I won a draw at one of our cities businesses. I never win so was quite excited to see what my gift was.

I received a tin of loose leaf tea, a candle holder and small tea light as well as a lovely smelling sachet to put in one of my drawers. I may just have to enter more contests, perhaps my luck is changing.

Off to continue on the 6th mitt.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


4 comments:

  1. Good news on your win. I'm slowly clearing the plants from the garden that have finished producing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I hear you about leaving the house clean when away on vacation. I like coming home to a clean house. The bean and pea vines have been pulled. I ate corn from the garden last night. I think it needs a frost; it wasn't all that sweet. The garden is work but it's very satisfying to eat food that's home grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great win...it's always so much fun to win something.
    I am hoping to make Freezer Jam this coming week...Strawberry and Peach, I think.. a jar at Christmas time will be fun to give.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning such a fun and useful prize.

    Homemade salsa, delicious, worth all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete