Monday, May 20, 2019

Menu Monday

Sorry that I have been missing in action over the past couple of days, but our youngest came home for a visit and that is what I have been doing. He is sleeping right now which gives me a few moments to talk with all of you. I will be back later to visit.

So close to the end of the month that it is scary. I really need to get working on those goals for the month.

Monday

BBQ hamburgers and leftover salad. I may do some tin foil potatoes as well.

Tuesday

Some of the leftover ham from the fridge freezer. I plan on making a casserole, or perhaps a main dish salad of some type (provided the weather warms up).

Wednesday

Sweet and sour ribs, rice and a salad (more than likely a kale salad).

Thursday

Clean out the fridge night.

Friday

Soup and sandwiches. I think I just might pull out the Moroccan Lentil soup from the freezer (or perhaps the Cream of Mushroom). Almost a no cook day for me that way.

Saturday

Pulling a bag (last one) of the leftover turkey from the freezer and making something new and exciting hopefully.

Sunday 

Roast chicken which I must remember to add to the grocery list for this week. Served with salad, roasted potatoes, and roasted mixed veggies.

There you have it and as usual lunches will be leftovers or sandwiches. In my case it is usually some yoghurt or hummus and melba toast with a chaser of a handful of almonds.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds wonderful, enjoy your visit with your youngest,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely visit and I did manage to send a few things home in a care package for him.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed a w/e with my son and granddaughters. It gets very quiet when they leave. On the menu: leftover BBQ steak and roasted root vegetables; tortellini soup; chicken vegetable casserole with stove top stuffing topping. The granddaughters had ordered pickle soup; I'll finish that up for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quiet when they leave. Your weekly menu sounds wonderful.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I know my diet would be so much healthier if I made a menu each week. While I consider myself a plan maker for life's little difficulties, I have never been a meal planner. Maybe because I do not enjoy cooking. I do it to survive but given the choice I'll fix a fancy (or plain) sandwich over cooking. I need to put that on my self improvement list - as soon as I make one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was just me at home, a sandwich and bowl of soup would probably be my choice. However Harvey is a carnivore of the first order so I need to fill his tummy.

      God bless.

      Delete