Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Freezing Cold, Snowy and Winter Has Arrived

Once again it is really cold today and then later in the afternoon the snow moved in. We will definitely have a white Christmas unless some strange weather pattern moves in.

I spent the day cleaning, knitting and sewing. My crafting mojo seems to be dissipating the closer it gets to the holidays. I really need to get things done before that final week. The boys will be home and I will want to visit (though I can do so with knitting in my hands, not so much sewing).

Tomorrow is errand day so I hope that the accumulation of snow is not too great (by the end of tomorrow we are supposed to have gotten another 4 inches). I need to do a bit of travelling as I will be going to SaskTel to get a new cell phone and sign another contract (mine is done). That is all the way across town (a 5 or 6 minute drive when the roads are good, much longer if they are nasty).  So I am keeping my fingers crossed that roads are in pretty decent shape.

Once I have finished braving our roads, I plan on getting things put away, helping Harvey mount our upstairs television on the wall, finishing all the hems on my tunic top, and rethreading (as well as changing the needle to one more for sewing knits) my machine. I need to get at least three more items sewn before the week ends. Then I might just cut out a couple of other patterns that have been begging me to try them out. My stash is slowly going down and replacements are going into my closet.

Today I made it a great day.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day. Hope the roads are not too bad when you venture out.

    The holiday season has crept up on me somewhat, maybe because I've been thinking about the election, but we finish work tomorrow until January, I don't think I'm quite ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep getting your weather either later in the day or the next day. Thankfully we didn't get much snow last night and it isn't quite as cold as it was.

    You're definitely made yourself a great day! Good luck with your new phone.

    ReplyDelete