Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

While this week has not been what I would call extremely thrifty, there have been a few thrifty moments over all.

Our Christmas meal was made of mostly sale items.

We went out last night for some free entertainment. Every year for the past 4 years various companies and groups have set up light displays in our regional park. After dark we took a trip down and gazed at all the beautiful displays. No pictures this year as I forgot the camera and my phone.

Many of our meals this past week have been using up the leftovers from our Christmas meal. Still have a few that need to be used though and I am running out of ideas. Like the cranberry sauce, what on earth do I do with it?

I finished the temperature blanket today. A year of charting the temperatures here in Estevan.

A rather large blanket but one that tells a story.

I even have enough yarn from the bits and bobs I started with to make another one in 2020.


I walked a couple of mornings and enjoyed a winter wonderland.



Wishing all of you the best for the New Year. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket and winter wonderland scenes! I love a turkey and cranberry sandwich. It could also be used like chutney as a relish with meat for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I love the blanket - one of these days I'll get around to making one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a temperature blanket! Charting temperatures where you live.

    Gorgeous winter photos.

    Hooray for being careful with money. Something which makes so much sense. But which seems to have gotten lost, along the way. I'm very glad we never got into the habit of over-spending. And you are doing so well, to cultivate this, when young.

    🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲

    ReplyDelete