Monday, April 3, 2023

Menu Monday

 


Well it is still winter for a few days in my small corner of the province. Windy, snowing, and cloudy most of the morning (and truth be told over the whole night). So I guess main dish salads are still kind of out of the question a bit longer.

Here is my menu for the week.


Monday

I had so many leftovers that needed using last week that the stew is being warmed up tonight. 


Tuesday

Small steaks done in mushroom soup, mashed potatoes, and peas. I also have some grape tomatoes and part of a cucumber to slice up and serve with dip.


Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I think I will pull out one container of the ham broth and make split pea soup. Grilled cheese sounds about right.


Thursday

Mini meat loaves, leftover mashed potatoes fried with some onion, and corn. I plan on making extra mini meat loaves and put them in the chest freezer.


Friday

Either salmon fillets or glace. Depends on what I feel like making...Probably the glace as Kris loves that.


Saturday

Now depending on when Kris needs to head back to the city our Easter meal will either be tonight or tomorrow. It will be turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, cranberry sauce, and I will make a dessert of some kind.


Sunday

Smoked sausages, baked beans and probably pasta.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. My meals are pretty pathetic compared to your menu AND my planning skills are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the snow won't be around much longer.
    As always, your meals sound amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So enjoy reading your menu plans...always gives me an idea or two. We are under a freezing rain storm warning for tomorrow night which has folks nervous...possible power outages, etc. -17 windchill on my walk yesterday early morning so not exactly springlike here either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like we'll be getting some decent weather beginning this weekend. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I love salmon fillets. Sadly, all fish is quite pricey here in New Zealand, and salmon particularly so. Dont know why, as our country is surrounded by sea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. I've been thrifty/frugal too, made some chicken stock from a carcass and a few ends of veggies. Solids get discarded and I plan to freeze the stock and use it for chicken and veggie soup when we return home from our Easter caravan trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another week of tasty sounding meals. We have no plans for Easter so I imagine the only thing that's somewhat out of the norm will possibly be a taco salad.

    ReplyDelete