Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wednesday Once Again


We are going to be going into the Tridium and I am a bit sad that due to my back I won't be able to attend all of it. I am however hoping to make Good Friday Service. 

Harvey is coming down with something, and figures he should sleep downstairs so we don't have both of us sick like we were at Christmas.

Kris should be home either tomorrow night or early on Good Friday. Hopefully bringing home our grandcat. I have made her a little Easter gift.


Some stuffed rabbits. She loves the other ones I made her and have pretty much worn them out. 

We picked up some brochures for our first (and perhaps only cruise depending on how we feel) from our travel agent.


I think we have narrowed it down a bit and might even do the land tour as well. That really interests both of us.

I said I was busy knitting mitts for the elementary students at Kurt's school. This is what I have gotten done so far. Some still need to be sewn up though.


I am working on the 10th pair right now. 

Speaking of Kurt, I got a text late last night that they had reached Barcelona. I hope he has a wonderful trip. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


Oh yeah the dental appointment went well, except my mouth was frozen for 6 1/2 hours and not the 2 or so hours they told me.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely mitts - lucky children!
    I'm glad the dental stuff went well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dental appointment went well.
    Hope Kurt enjoys Barcelona - there are some interesting buildings there. I saw the Familia Sagrada from the outside only and of course there are other Gaudi works there that are fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your dental work is behind you.
    Cute kitty toys, i should try and make some for my daughter's two cats.
    Nice mittens too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bunnies and the mittens. I remember having to knit 2 inches of mitten before I could go out and play. I did not have to do the thumbs. Mom or grandma did those, Just the cuff, knit two, purl two, then straight knit on the body. Mom and grandma spun so much black wool and navy blue wool. What they spun made 21 mittens each color. People always asked why they would make an odd number of mittens. They said it did not matter as we would have lost all of them by the end of the season. Those wool mittens would get so wet and heavy and we would go in and drop them off and get another pair.
    I don't think we even cared if they matched. Our coat room always smelled like wet wool in the winter. But what is really amazing about this story is that I was 5 years old.
    I learned to knit without a mistake really fast so I could go out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky grandcat to get cute bunnies like that. I know our kitties would have loved them.
    Glad your dental appointment went well even though the freezing took longer to go than expected. I know it usually happens that way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love cruising, one bit of advice unless you are taking children do not go during school holidays. A lot of cruise ships have special deals for families and cabins that normally take two will have four people,

    ReplyDelete