Thursday, April 13, 2023

Thrifty Thursday


 

I wore myself out a bit too much yesterday, and almost did the same today. I need to be a bit more thrifty with my energy levels while convalescing from Covid. Learned my lesson for sure.


As usual I have been trying my best to continue with some thrifty measures this week. 

I am using less meat in meals and that seems to be going very well. I am managing to keep the fridge cleared or at least down to something one can reasonably keep track of leftovers in. 

Made my grocery list and saved $24.81 on my total Co-op grocery bill. That's buying mostly on sale..... Lots was on sale this week which was a nice change. 

I hemmed a pair of Hubby's pants and fixed a hem on one of his t-shirts.

I tried a 14 day free trial of StackTV but ended that a week early. I just could not find anything else I wished to watch. I may try one of the other free trials a bit later.

My mind is slightly foggy and I am pretty sure there is much more, but these are the ones that stick out.


Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. Every little bit of saving helps. There weren't many sales when I shopped this week, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, you have to take things a bit slow until you are 100% well. Even if you do think you can do something for 6 hours, do it for 3 instead. I had Covid real bad for 3 weeks in Feb of last year. I haven’t had a cold, flu or Covid since. Must be my new vitamins I now take whereas before I hated taking pills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and easy.
    We'll be learning about streaming this summer. We'll have to do what you do, take advantage of the trials to see what has what we like. We're confused, nervous but have to get with the program. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling a bit better and that is why you did too much! I remembered today to cancel my free Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited, we returned a faucet we decided we didn’t need, found a spare drawer knob to replace one that got lost in the move and all the usual stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy. I gather it is all too easy to overdo things after Covid and then put yourself right back again. Take care and be kind to yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good, thrifty week, Jackie. I hope you are feeling better and not so tired from COVID now. I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Covid has reached my home too, my son tested positive on Thursday. So far, I haven't tested as I have no symptoms but I'm almost certain I'll get it too. Fingers crossed, I can somehow avoid it.
    The Co-op sales were definitely good this week - far better than other stores I shop at.
    Take care and take it easy on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jackie, yes you must conserve your energy as your body heals itself. Apparently, some take longer to "bounce back" than others do. I think you always do well with the thrift efforts. Here Walmart is advertising if items are last years prices still. I've been buying more of their deals like 4 for $10 kind of things. I've learned it's a good thing to have canned and packaged goods on hand when the power goes like it did last week. You take care now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get well soon Jackie. Please take it easy. It takes time to regain your energy. Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete