Saturday, April 1, 2023

More of a Rant Than a Roundup

 


I think I have been hurt by family members for the last time. I have one sister-in-law that never, ever reads what I post. Be it on my own Face Book page or the family page and then gives me crap for not letting her know. It is almost like she ignores me completely as I notice her replying to others in the family.

Then today I get a text message from one of Harvey's brothers re his youngest son's wedding. It seems that others have know about this since the beginning of the year. Not us though and we have already made plans starting the day after the wedding. They could have let us know as they did others in the family, but more or less chose not to. We are not changing our plans, but I know that this will cause some in his family to talk about us not caring enough about family. 

In my books it is more about them not caring about us enough to say, "Hey perhaps you would like to make your booking a bit later as "X" is getting married around then. 


This is Harvey's family and I should be used to this by now, but of course am not. Just done. 


Sorry for that rant.... The rest of my day has been wonderful. The sun is shining, the temperature in the city just great (though it is supposed to drop and snow again very soon), and I am feeling much better, just a bit tired. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. That can hurt an awful lot, I know. Lots of ((((hugs)))) for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that family have been so inconsiderate towards you. It is very hurtful, especially when it's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family - the unfortunate part is that you're stuck with them. I think you're wise to distance yourselves though because it sounds as though they're poisonous.
    (sorry I'm behind in commenting - life got in the way again!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't choose our family like we choose our friends so yes, they can hurt a lot and it tends to put pressure on. We've tried to do what is right for us and let chips fall wherever. Our children and one sister of mine in particular has us grumbling a fair bit too.
    Hang in there. Hugs. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moved out of province due to my husband's job. In the eyes of his family we only existed when returned to visit them. In over 30 years, only one visit and that was 28 years ago from his parents.

    Our son didn't even bother to invite them to his wedding. Sent his paternal grandmother an invite and said he knew she wasn't coming due to her age.

    We sent presents to all of my husband's nieces who got married, our son didn't even get a card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that would make me want to rant as well.

    ReplyDelete