Friday, March 31, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


I am still feeling a bit rough, but I tested and it isn't Covid so I am hoping it is just some crud I picked up because the temperature is fluctuating so much. Now I see we could have snow over the weekend. Glad I am stocked up.

Now what are my frugal 5 for this week.


1.  Used the lines downstairs to not only dry a couple of loads of clothes but the sheets and the rags. 

2.  Using up all leftovers either as lunches or as new meals. 

3.  Came in under budget for groceries this month and also under total budget. 

4.  Harvey made 14 bottles of Raspberry Chocolate Wine (kind of a Port) for about 1/2 the cost of purchasing it. He also used some old fancy bottles he has been saving. Cleaned and sterilized they look very expensive.

5.  Finished the black mittens for Kurt's elementary teachers, now started on the green mitts. I am hoping this clears out a great deal of the orphan balls/skeins and bits and bobs of yarn. This should enable me to empty some totes eventually. I also need to work on some knitted blankets. 


So that is about all I can remember. I hope you all have had a frugal week.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. I’m staying home while the husband and his daughter attend a Reptile Expo with hundreds of snakes. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to improve, Jackie. It's time to shake it off.
    Harvey's port wine sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're still feeling rough, but glad it's not covid. Getting washing dry in all this wet weather we've been having here is a bit challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are continuing to rest and recover from whatever this cold/crud is. I'm still clearing out my sinuses but otherwise I'm back to normal too.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for still being frugal when you are feeling unwell. That's true frugality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MORE snow? I hope it wasn't too bad.
    Thank goodness you tested negative and I hope you're feeling loads better by now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are getting lots of rest, and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete