The end of what used to be my work week and now that I am retired just another day I suppose.
What frugal things have we been up to on the old homestead this week?
1. I line dried my sheets for the first time. Turned out not too badly at all.
2. On the lovely sunny days we had this week I kept the drapes and blinds open to take advantage of the solar heat and natural light.
3. Using up all the leftovers in the fridge and some of the items from the freezer. I even managed to use up some crisper items.
4. Used up some more of my yarn stash.
5. Finished cutting up the scraps of fabric.
6. Doing a bit of decluttering. I have too many clothes, some of which I haven't worn in a very long time. Those are being donated if they are in decent shape. If not I will cut them up into fabric to be used in my quilting projects.
7. Walked 5 of the 7 days this week. Some were very short walks, but I will be working my way to longer ones.
8. I put $150.00 in my savings envelope and $2.45 in the change jars.
We got news late last night that Harvey's last living Uncle passed away on Tuesday. I notified the rest of Harv's family (though some never check our family page on Face Book, or perhaps I should say never check what I post, their problem not mine). Then today I got a call asking if I would do one of the readings at the funeral Mass. Of course I said yes. This uncle was always wonderful to us and we would have a lovely visit if we happened to see each other while shopping. This is the least I could do for our aunt and the rest of the family.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.